We seek to create a sense of community, belonging and pride in our school.
We aim to provide the opportunity for all pupils and staff to achieve their full potential.
We strive for excellence in all areas of school life and will achieve this through encouragement and motivation.
- To create a community spirit, with parents, pupils and staff working in partnership and with respect for each other.
- To establish a modern, vibrant and challenging learning environment.
- To encourage and praise all achievement, creating a happy, caring school.
- To strive for excellence and set the highest expectations.
- To uphold the AICC Vision and Objectives.
Development of our Aims “To create a community spirit…”
- To seek to keep parents fully involved with the school and their child’s education.
- To inform parents about their child’s academic and social development regularly.
- To support our parents in the development of their child. Involve the local parishes in the Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural life of the school.
- Foster and promote community cohesion.
- Welcome more representatives of the community into the school, e.g. old peoples’ groups, newspaper representations, wider community.
- Continue our good relations with the local community.
“A modern, vibrant learning environment…”
- To manage the existing build within the school and have high quality permanent facilities.
- Plans for excellent ICT facilities across the school and improved use for teaching and learning.
- To use the facilities efficiently both within the school and for the community.
- To ensure the key themes of Religion and Languages are central to our curriculum.
- To ensure resources are used for the improvement of pupils’ learning and that all pupils are stretched and challenged.
“To encourage and praise all achievement…”
- To encourage pupils to view their learning as a lifelong commitment in order to realise their potential.
- To foster self-esteem in pupils so that they may appreciate the contribution they and others can make to the community.
- To provide pupils with opportunities for self-fulfilment and development.
- To celebrate the achievements of individual pupils in assembly and ‘prize-giving’ and encourage all pupils to share in and fully appreciate the achievement of others.
- To celebrate the achievement of all pupils through an effective rewards system.
- To foster a joy in learning and discovery.
- To develop personal, moral values and respect for others, creating a caring community.
“To strive for excellence…”
- To encourage all children to give their very best in all areas.
- For pupils to achieve the highest standards in national tests and exams.
- For staff to have high expectations of pupil achievement and encourage pupils to achieve high standards.
- To build upon our current Ofsted Report.
- To provide pupils with opportunities to achieve acknowledgement for their work on pastoral and social issues.
- To share our outstanding practice with wider educational partners and local schools.
- Offer an excellent alternative curriculum.